Y'know, having a child has made me examine society from a whole new perspective. How often do we hear the news that 26 people die in a suicide bomb attack, but even more tragic that that, one of them was a... wait for it.... a 'kid'.
The media tell us to feel positive when youth offenders are 'treated' to rehabilitation holidays on johnny taxpayers dime because they are becoming productive members of society, but if that rehabilitation dollar is spent on a non-child we should be.. for want of a better word.. gutted.
YOUR GOVERNMENT promise to invest more of your money on treating juvinile drug users, because they have 'an illness' and need your support.. but don't you dare contract this illness if you are over 18, unless you want the support of your new cell mate BIG STAB!
If I had to say what I think is going on here, and before you say "you're just cynical", let me say "I'm not" but if I had to say what I think is going on here, I would say that the governemt have cultivated a society where children listen less and less to their parents.. meanwhile they are waiting in the wings with the preverbial bag of candy ready to keep them kiddies sweet until such time they start voting for this generous uncle-like figure, at which point they will be cut loose like their parents before them.
All people in the world (for the sake of this blog I'll use UK) all people in the UK should be treated equally. You either invest in people of all ages or you don't bother. Why should we welcome investment in 20% of the population without asking what about the other 80%?
Call me crazy.. no infact don't call me that.. I don't like it... but I for one will not be allowing any government to raise my daughter in their image. This government... a government so corrupt both morally and professionally, YET still so drunk on their power they actually believe themselves to be suitable role models for 'our children'... well "they're not"
role model?
.

I would think not
deputy prime minister of UK John Prescott (had lots of affairs)
no really.. he did
honestly.. him
I'm serious
no joke
him

No comments:
Post a Comment