Charles Darwin said:
"I have called this principle, by which each slight variation, if useful, is preserved, by the term Natural Selection."
I was thinking about this theory the other day as I watched COPS (of all things) and I realised that these COPS, these enforcers of the law, who by virtue of their uniform or their GUNS are regarded as higher beings, either morally or in relation to their 'clients' by intelligence and strength (in numbers) after all the police force is the largest gang in the world... and anybody who wants power that badly should not be allowed it... but that's a whole other blog.
as a side note... have you ever noticed that the cops always shout to the suspect "get on the ground, GET ON THE GROUND" as though they are levitating just above ground level, like a cute little humming bird.. that err... just stabbed somebody... and once this gravity defying suspect is in custody (and this bit really annoys me) they exchange sentences littered with double negatives.
cop: you don't got no weapons or no drugs on you do you?
humming bird: no man! I don't got nothing on me!
So back to my point... Darwins notion of survival of the fittest is as bullshit today as it was 100 years ago.... therefore I have taken the liberty of evolving his idea and re-wording it as follows (as you will remember I am a generous fool). "survival of the smartest". Y'see, the human race has evolved more in the last 100 years than in the 100,000 years before it. reality tv placates us, computers make us lazy, and junk food weakens us... to be the strongest nowadays is no mean feat, and I may be playing into a stereotype here (but so what it's my blog and I'll twist the truth so suit my nonsense if I want to) but if you have ever watched the documentary series of films that tackle the issue of revenge of the nerds, you will know that the nerds always triumphs and becomes the jocks boss down at the tire factory.
Trust me, I know this for a fact....I'm fortunate enough to have the brain of a nerd and the body of a jock (Y'smell that?)
Violet is todays colour of tangent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment