Wednesday, July 26, 2006

RELIGION SCHMRILIGION

As we already know, 100% of wars fought, do so in the name of religion (not including wars that involve 'the wild west' because we also know they are all financially motivated) I'm talking about wars based om beliefs and not greed.

I live in west central Scotland, just a hop, skip and a jump away from the land of Leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness, horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, people with eyebrows on their cheeks, badly tarmacced drives ? in this country, men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings, lots of rocks, and Beamish. So it goes without saying there is a high proportion of catholic impersonators around these here parts.

I know dozens of people who call themselves catholics, but I've yet to meet anybody who actually follows catholocism, or who even follows their own miss-guided interpretation of catholocism. So I thought, wouldn't it be great if the middle-east could follow religion with the apathy we westernes seem to?
People aren't what they say they are, what they say they are is merely what they would like to be. They want the status without the hard work... just look at your politicians... they all promise less crime, less tax, better health service et al... 50 years of that shit and we're still a million miles away from it... we can afford it as a country... it's just political parties can't afford it. If we did manage to create the utopian society we all crave, there would be nothing to campaign against, it's got clockwork orange written all over it... a real horror show my little droogies.. YES!
In reality, people just want to be needed, or just need to be wanted... however you like to put it, call it saftey in numbers, call is heard mentality... so, with these facts in mind... people from various religions, beliefs, backgrounds are all essentially the same, aren't we?
I can understand that geography has made the middle east a volitile region with earthquakes, volcanos etc and that thousands of years ago people didn't know about earth plate movements and I suppose without the benefit of all the accumulated knowledge we have at our disposal today I can imagine (at a stretch) how these geographical phenomon could be mistaken for an ANGRY GOD and result in more committed followers... that's fine.... I would just like to see that same committment when following the 'love everybody' part.

No comments: