Saturday, September 09, 2006

You only live once
so you may as well do what you want...


how often have you heard someone say that?
Even if you don't believe in reincarnation, is that really a reason to 'do what you want'? which, incase you didn't realise.. is code for 'act slutty'

It's statements like these that get me my old grey matter working, The first time I heard that expression, I remember thinking to myself... shucks!! if we only live once... we better make sure we get things done right the first time around, no second chances and all. Still, I couldn't help but wonder, had I just been programmed by the government to obey and had I lost any sense of rebellion I once had... doubt it!! but after all, we humans are just animals and it may not be in the interests of evolution to surpress our animalistic tendencies, but then again, that's irrelevant as there is no pre-destined model it's whatever action we take now that will shape our species evolution and where does it say evolution can't be influenced by social forces as well as environmental. A heightened social concience may well be the next evolutioniary step... having said that ofcourse... fingers shaped like clothes pegs could also be next... nobody knows?

that all sounds a little bit manic, then again, they propbably said that about nostradamus and Ike, only time will tell.

maybe in 300, 000 years time, people will read this blog (because they sure ain't reading it now) and they might think... hmm what's with that then?

No comments: