It's Wednesday 14th June 2006, I'm sitting here at work looking out the window the sun is shining, the locals are amusing themselves and I'm blogging it out here, pondering the age old question 'should life mean life'?
I should be able to let it go at that, BUT NO!!!
Each and every time some silly paeodaphile rapes a kid or some jive-ass junkie stabs somebody you will hear the masses demand that life imprisonment should mean that the offender remain behind bars for ever and ever and ever...I have only two words to say about that... YOU'RE and WRONG
...but I'm a generous fool sometimes, so I'll go along with it for the sake of extending this blog-cast (is that even the correct terminology?).
Imagine that I decided that working for a living was for squares and it was a life of crime for me from here on in. I then decide to rob a bank/post office/corner shop/whatever, presumably I would prefer not to be picked up by the rozzers (insert your own joke.. Y'see told you I was a generous ol' so and so) so I bring along a weapon, the very same weapon I would need in the first place in order for the clerk to part with the cash they had unwittingly been holding for me.
The clever ones among you will already see where this is going.... don't take it personally if you don't... I still love you.
SO.. I'm going to do whatever it takes to get the money and escape with it, even if I hadn't planned on killing someone as most robbers don't plan on becoming murderes... it kinda goes with the territory.
I wouldn't want johnny law locking me up for the rest of my natural so the probability of some trooper being killed would drastically increase (just ask our American cousins if you doubt it) who all carry guns and have high gun crime, as opposed to the UK where we are not allowed to carry guns and by some wonderful coincidence we have almost zero gun crime.
As I'm still running with the herd here, I'll go you on further... I'm now behind bars... do you honestly believe I'm going to think twice about killing every prisoner or guard that comes anywhere near me? I've already killed once and there's nothing to lose by doing it again... hell, I'm probably getting a liking for it.
BUT BUT BUT I hear you say.. life in prison would only be for murder, perhaps for rape... again, if a raper were to commit his or her act and they knew life in prison would be their destiny, they would kill the victim to prevent them from identifying them.
So dear reader if you care to chip in your 2 cents.. feel free.
I can't Believe I got through this entry without writing WHAT'S WITH THAT ALREADY?... ooops spoke too soon ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment