Plan for the worst....... but!
Hope for the best
This is such a sad thing to say to anybody, it is the equivalent to saying "my life is completely void of hope, that no matter what, I don’t believe in my heart of hearts that things’ll ever work out for me"
I heard a priest include this mantra once in his television sermon, which gave me a wry ol’ laugh.
It’s understandable that survivors of major disasters such as the titanic or an even greater disaster ‘titanic the movie’ using this phrase, perhaps orphans, or people living in ravaged or war-torn countries have the right to say this. As for the ipod latte sippers, it’s virtually unforgivable to express such despair so flippantly and an insult to those unfortunate enough to bare true claim over it.
However I can and do forgive it, for I realise it’s symptomatic of inarticulate Britain where the many neither say what they mean or mean what they say... not really they don’t, it’s all just a jumbled repetition of jingles, sound-bites and headlines, Y’know listening to two people talk these days is like being in a room with a million televisions all showing a different soap opera.
Currently the Scotland football team are competing to qualify for the Euro 2008 finals, despite being top of their group, each time they play I have to listen to the broadcast media as well as joe public issue a warning not to raise our hopes.... in case!
What is sooo wrong with people having a little hope in their lives? Isn’t it the memory of hope and joy that drives human beings on to succeed? "don’t get your hopes up" creates an air of inevitable failure, resulting in an ‘i told you so’ which sadly provides the merchants of dooms’ with their only feelings of happiness in having correctly predicted said failure.
Those who plan for the worst, rarely ever plan for the best! Which only equips them to handle failure, (seems a little one sided) If you ask me, having a fall back plan only ever makes it easier to fall back.
For now... I’m living life without a net
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment