Saturday, January 06, 2007

Solider sues MoD over 'wrong boots'
A woman soldier who was forced to leave the Army after being given the wrong-sized boots and contracting trench foot is suing the Ministry of Defence for £150,000. Louisa Swanston, 28, was given waterproof boots two sizes too big when she was serving in Bosnia and had to make do with leather boots that failed to cope with the sub-zero temperatures. Ms Swanston left the Army in October after being told the nerve endings in her feet were dead.


Ah, I remember when I was 10 I had to wear my big brothers boots to school, there were also two sizes too big for me. But I was only 10 and never had any military survival training so alls I did was wear an extra pair of socks.

The problem with training people to obey orders without question it seems is they loose the ability to use one's initiative. Sadly it is symptomatic of the country as a whole....

The message it sent me so I'm sure it didn't go unnoticed to our growning list of enemies (thanks Tone for that BTW) but it shows our great army as a bunch of mollycoddled, pampered weaklings with no loyalty to their country.

No comments: